Skip to Navigation
Skip to main content
- Propose policies, plans, programs and implementation mechanisms capable to meet the growing demand for housing by all categories of the Omani society, and monitoring and evaluating them to ensure their sustainability.
- Propose laws relevant to the ministry’s terms of reference, and issue decisions and regulations to implement them.
- Propose legislations related to urban planning, developing the controls that regularize and guide the urban planning activities in coordination with the Supreme Council for Planning.
- Prepare a manual for the basics and criteria that should be applied by the governmental and non-governmental agencies in the field of urban planning, within the general policy of urban planning and the urban strategy of the Sultanate which are developed by the Supreme Council for Planning.
- Preparation of primary, detailed, and structural maps of planned areas in accordance with the general policy of urban planning and compliant with the criteria of urban strategy of the Sultanate developed by the Supreme Council for Planning as well as preparing survey drawings of real estate units involved in those areas, and locating public facilities on their maps.
- Develop the real estate sector in the Sultanate, in coordination with relevant government agencies, and provide suitable environment to enable the private sector to attract the necessary investments to achieve that.
- Conducting socio-economic studies and researches to determine the future needs of social housing, housing loans and assistance, and the preparation and implementation of plans of social housing, housing loans and assistance programs for limited income citizens.
- Allocate land plots of various uses for citizens, according to the regulations of government land entitlement.
- Allocate land plots required by units of the state administrative apparatus, public institutions and bodies, and other legal persons for the performance of their functions.
- Granting the right of land usufruct in accordance with the rules established in this regard in coordination with the competent authorities.
- Review land ownership applications for lands not registered under the Land Law.
- Registration of all real estate related transactions and in-kind rights, whether principal or consequential, and documenting their legal instruments and transactions in line with the registry system, and issuing title deeds on them.
- Develop the principles of valuating properties of expropriated ownership, according to the law of expropriation in the public interest, and reconsider these principles whenever necessary, provided that they are approved by the Council of Ministers.
- Develop the principles of valuating government lands, and make necessary amendment on them whenever necessary, provided that they are approved by the Council of Ministers.
- Represent the Sultanate in regional and international conferences and meetings relevant to the terms of reference of the ministry.
- Any other functions established by Laws and Royal Decrees.
- Develop the human resourcein the ministry.
- Prepare studies, programs, budgets necessary for the development of various organizational divisions in ministry.